Understand your Media Agency-Create better work together
August 6th 2019
3 Hours (9:30 - 12:30)
June 4th 2019 3 Hours (9:30 - 12:30)
November 7th 2019 3 Hours (9:30 - 12:30)
This course gives a detailed overview of the Irish media market both in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Each of the main media is examined – TV, VOD, Press, Radio, Outdoor, Cinema, Search, Social and Mobile. It contains practical knowledge about each media. Facts and figures on the state of each media, from TV to Press, from VOD to Cinema.
However, the module will teach you how to interpret the data and be able to use the figures to spot insights and create real competitive advantage for your brand. It also covers off a detailed analysis of consumer behaviour and the outlook for these consumers.
It will take a look at current consumer trends – what people are consuming, where they are consuming and how they are consuming. There is also a detailed analysis of the economic backdrop, consumer confidence and how this affects the media market. We help you understand the complete picture so you can make the right media choices.
Who should attend the course
Anyone in Advertising or Marketing.
After the course you will be able to
• Fully understand the North and South Irish media landscape
• See how technology and consumer behaviour is changing and how by using the right media we can target the right consumers, at the right time, with the right message
• Be able to make the right media choices when selecting your schedule
• Understand why agencies use media on plans and what questions you should be asking them
• Keep up to date with all the latest trends, developments and opportunities for your brand
• Economic Overview
• Consumer Confidence
• The Media Market (NI and ROI)
o What it’s worth, where it’s heading, where it’s been
• Traditional Media Analysis
• How Technology Is Changing The Market
• New Opportunities
This course uses terminology from the media industry.
Some basic understanding of marketing is required.
Why Core Learning
Core Learning brings you the most knowledgeable tutors in the industry. Our team have experience of working in both NI and ROI media agencies and have worked on award winning campaigns in both markets. We have also worked on clients with cross border requirements and can bring to life best practice. Core is the largest buyer of media on the island of Ireland. This gives us unparalleled resources and access to the latest data, trends and opportunities.
Interesting reading prior to the course
Stay up to date with industry news – adworld.ie, siliconrepublic.ie and the marketing and media news from the major newspaper groups. Most agencies like Starcom, MediaVest, Zenith and Mediaworks would have regular blogs and news updates – make sure you check these out.
You may also be interested in
The Big Themes in Digital